HLPUSD Teacher Induction Program
Multiple Subject Credentials
Single Subject Credentials
Education Specialist Credentials
The Hacienda La Puente Unified School District offers a state-approved Teacher Induction Program. Your preliminary credential will indicate if you must complete an Induction Program to fulfill the Clear Teaching Credential requirements. An Early Completion Program is available for those who have three or more years of contract, full-time teaching experience.
The Purpose of Teacher Induction:
- To provide a state approved program for the completion of California Teaching Credentials.
- To support and assist teachers as they enter the teaching profession and advance their skills and knowledge in the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP) (http://www.cde.ca.gov/pd/ps/te/), state adopted academic content standards and performance levels for students
Teacher preparation programs at colleges and universities begin the process of preparing new teachers for the profession. When new teachers enter the classroom, additional support is needed. To facilitate this process, the HLPUSD Teacher Induction Program includes the following:
- Two years of support from a mentor teacher who will address local context, priorities, and goals.
- Professional Development opportunities.
- Recommendation to CTC for the clear teaching credential upon completion of the program.
If your preliminary credential specifies that you must participate in Induction to earn the clear credential, then you must complete a two-year Induction Program before the Preliminary Credential expires. Access your credential online: http://www.ctc.ca.gov
You are not required to participate in the HLPUSD Teacher Induction Program (TIP). You may enroll in another district sponsored program, such as the Induction Program at the Los Angeles County Office of Education or at a local university. You also have the option to wait and begin your program at another time.