CBOC Meeting Notice
Citizens Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) Meeting
Wednesday, March 1st, 2017, 5:30 pm
Hacienda La Puente Unified School District - District Office
La Puente Conference Room
15959 E. Gale Avenue
City of Industry, CA 91716
Overview of the Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC)
In June 2000, the voters of the State of California authorized an amendment to the California Constitution (Proposition 39) that lowered the voter approval requirement from 2/3 to 55% for local bonds and that required the formation of a committee of appointed citizens to oversee the expenditure of bond funds, annual performance audit and financial audit of bond projects. Proposition 39 provides that the CBOC shall have at least seven (7) members who shall serve a minimum term of two (2) years and for no more than three (3) consecutive terms.
Because the Hacienda La Puente Unified School District ("District") elected to pursue a bond election under the provisions of Proposition 39, State Law requires the District to establish a CBOC appointed by the District's Governing Board. The Committee's purposes are:
- To actively inform the public concerning the expenditures of bond revenues.
- To review and report on the proper expenditure of taxpayer money for school construction.
- To report to members of the community whether the District is in compliance with bond expenditures requirements according to paragraph (3) of subdivision (b) of Section 1 of Article XIIIA of the California Constitution.
Duties of the Committee will include:
- Ensure Bond funds are spent only on projects listed in the Bond Project Lists.
- Monitor progress of Bond projects.
- Receive and review copies of the annual performance and financial audits of Bond projects as required by California State law (Proposition 39).
- Provide information to the public on the progress of Bond projects and expenditures of Bond funds.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Jackie Pielin at (626) 933-3892 or firstname.lastname@example.org