Skip to main content

Serving our District Families

Our Services

Student Enrollment

Please call or visit us for student transfers between schools. Information and applications are also available on our website at Student and Family Services (SFS) (

•Inter District Transfers for incoming students are processed year round.  Obtain approved release form from your home district and take the permit to the school you’d like your child to attend. All transfers will need to be approved by the requested school’s Principal.
•Inter District transfers for students leaving the district (year round):  Fill out Inter District Form, available in our office or online.  Provide letter of reason for leaving and any documents to support your request.

All transfer requests will need to be approved by the Executive Director at Student and Family Services. 


504 Accommodation Plans

Section 504 is a civil rights law that protects the rights of individuals with disabilities. It is a protection from discrimination, which provides for an appropriate education in the least restrictive environments based on the student's unique needs. It prohibits denial of participation in public education, or benefits offered by school programs because of a student's disability.

Students who qualify under Section 504 are to receive services to the same extent as students without disabilities. When considering whether a student qualifies under Section 504, the education team should ask the following three questions:

    1. Does the student have a potentially limiting mental or physical disability or impairment?

    2. Does the student's disability impair a major life activity (i. e. seeing, hearing, walking, breathing, working, performing manual task, learning, eating, sleeping, standing, lifting, bending, reading, concentrating, thinking, speaking, etc.)?

    3. Is the degree of impairment substantial?


A formal request at the school site is required to initiate the 504 Accommodation Plan process.

Section 504 of the Federal Vocational and Rehabilitation Act of 1973

For more information please contact Vanessa Ortiz

For concerns please contact, Executive Director of Student and Family Services Dr. Karen Dabney-Lieras at

Health Services

Our school nurses address the physical, mental, emotional, and social health of our children. Their ultimate goal is the support of student success in the learning process.  School nurses conduct vision, hearing, color vision screenings and scoliosis screenings for mandated grades and notify parents and guardians of any abnormalities found.  Our nurses communicate with parents and guardians when further medical care or attention may be needed to make referrals as appropriate.

For more information please contact Cirlyn Nadal.


International Student Program (Grade 9-12 only)

Welcome International Students!

The Governing Board recognizes that personal contact between students of different countries and cultures promotes global awareness and international understanding. To that end, the Board welcomes the enrollment of international exchange students and further encourages district students to take any opportunities that they may have to participate in such programs and study in another country.  Our international student program application can be found on our District Website under International Students


Student Records

To obtain Student Records / Transcripts you need to be 18 years of age.  You will need a valid ID Card:  Drivers License,  California I.D. HLPUSD School I.D., or Passport.  Processing transcripts will take up to 5 working days for High School.  It will take  longer for Elementary and Middle School.  Cost is $2.00 per Transcript

For more information please click Records


School Attendance

HLPUSD is committed to the success of all students.  Regular school attendance is linked directly to student achievement.  We participate in a nationwide Attendance Awareness Campaign and support schools to improve school attendance. 

For more information please contact Vanessa Ortiz.

Our Family
Our Family

AB922 LACOE Plan for Expelled Students