Major Appliance Repair
Instruction and practical application of knowledge and skills is directed toward the repair and service of electrical and gas appliances such as washers, dryers, ranges, microwaves, domestic ice makers, refrigerators and window air conditioners. Students work on appliances to develop job skill in a workshop setting. Students are prepared for the refrigerant Recovery (Type 1) Certification (Small Appliance) and the National Technician Certification Examinations.
The goal of the course is to prepare the student for employment as an electrical appliance servicer.. upon course completion the student will be able to:
- Follow directions, utilize technology of the appliance industry, problem solve and interact with customers and co-workers in an appropriate manner
- Gather new knowledge and skills related to computerized appliance technology.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with supervisor and customers regarding service issues.
- Make decisions in selection of tools and methods and exhibit entry-level proficiency necessary to begin a career in the appliance service industry
- Work both independently and cooperatively in solving service related problem
- Demonstrate effective communication using language to receive and interpret information and to express ideas and opinions related to the field.
Click on the following links for supplemental Whirlpool assignments and quizzes: