Network & Computer Services
- To advance and support the educational goals of the District by providing a technology rich, integrated environment for all learners.
- To facilitate and support anywhere, anytime learning for all through personal access appliances, enhanced communication tools and integrated data systems.
- To improve and support communication among and between all community stakeholders including administrators, staff, teachers, students and parents.
- To facilitate and support just-in-time data-driven decision processes through integrated information systems with meaningful, intuitive and consistent tools.
The Network & Computer Services (NCS) department is responsible for the development, operation and maintenance of all information and communication technology systems used throughout the District. These functions include infrastructure management, voice communications, data communications, video communications, data integrity and security.
Projects with Technology
- Distance Learning BER Replacements (2020-2021): 1000 Lenovo ThinkPad 11e 5g, 3 yr battery warranty, extended service agreement.
- Career Technical Education (CTE) Laptops (2020-2021): 1266 Lenovo ThinkPad P15s Gen 1 Intel Core i7-10110U, NVIDIA Pro520, 16gb RAM, 256gb SSD, 4 year depot service, 3 yr battery warranty.
- Young Learners Technology Initiative (Grade TK-2) (2020-2021): 5,000 Apple iPad 10 inch tablets for teachers & students Pre/TK-2
- 1-1 Refresh - Distance Learning (2020-2021): 14,000 Dell Latitude 3310 XCTO 13 inch nontouch screen laptops, 8 Gb RAM, 128 SSD.
- Measure BB Bond Project 1-1 Computer Classroom Sets, laptops for Teacher & Admins (2019-2020): Est. 15,000 Lenovo and Ergotron Powershuttle smart charging smart charging carts. Lenovo 300e (2nd Gen), 4 Gb RAM, 11.6 inch touchscreen, Win 10 Pro, 128Gb SSD, wifi, bluetooth; reallocate existing 15,000 laptops.
- Social Science - History: 2-1 Computer Classrooms (2018-2019): Lenovo and Ergotron Powershuttle smart charging carts
- Code To The Future (CTTF): 320 Dell Chromebooks touchscreen, Classlink Single Sign On, ScratchJr programming (2017-2018)
- STEAM Carts: 20 laptops/cart, 6th grade self contained classrooms (2014 - 2015)
- English Language Arts (ELA) 2-1 Computer Classrooms (2016 - 2017): TK - 2 Package (195 classrooms) - 4 Dell All in One 3240 desktops, 6 Dell Venue 10 class tablets, 4 Dell 3160 laptops with touchscreen, cabinet), Grade 3 - 5 Package (254 classrooms, 20 Dell 3160 laptops with touchscreen, cabinet), Special Education classrooms as per Special Education.
- District wireless network upgrade: 802.11AC wireless access points and 10Gb network switches under E-rate (2016 - 2017)
- Teacher Desktop Computer Refresh (2014-2015)
- School Office Manager and Support Staff Computer Refresh (2014-2015): Dell Optiplex 3010 class
- SBAC I Computer Desktop Labs (2014 - 2015) - 36 schools, 39 desktops, printer; 2 schools with 48 PC labs
- SBAC II Computer Desktop Labs (2015 - 2016) -36 schools, 39 desktops, printer; 2 schools with 48 PC labs
- District Fire Systems Project (2015 - 2016) - All schools, Honeywell Silent Knight
- District Video Security Systems Project (2015-2016): All schools, 900 cameras, Arecont & Ximpact/Milestone
- 21st Century Classrooms: Bond Project Pilot - 10 classrooms (2016 - 2017)
- Measure BB Bond - 21st Century Classrooms and Infrastructure
- KACE Device Management (2016 - 2017, renewed 2020): KACE is a system that allows NCS to push software installs to computers, saving time so techs do not have to visit every computer.
- Dell EMC VX Rail Turnkey hyper-converged VMware virtualization appliance (2017 - 2018)
- District Fiber Optic Network: Upgrade from 1 Gigabit 10 Gigabit wide area network through Sunesys/Crown Castle under E-rate (2017 - 2018).
- District Internet Service Provider (ISP): Upgrade from 1 Gigabit to 10 Gigabit through LACOE under E-rate (2017-2018)
- Sprint 1 Million Project: Help 1 million high school students who do not have reliable Internet access at home to reach their full potential by giving them mobile devices and free high-speed Internet access. (2018-2019)
- Social Science 2-1 Computer Classrooms (2018 - 2019)
Network and Computer Services (NCS)
15959 E. Gale Ave.
City Of Industry, CA 91745
Shawn McBride, Director